Discover Frankfort - Will County's Premier CommunityFrankfort is an exceptional blend of high-quality lifestyle and small-town charm nestled in one of the most rapidly growing counties in the country. Our population is attracted to the high quality lifestyle, distinctive executive housing and award-winning education system.Take a step back into the past by visiting our historic downtown. First settled in the mid-1800s, Frankfort's downtown provides a picturesque backdrop for shopping, dining, recreation, and community events. Nearby residential neighborhoods appreciate proximity to the action and reinvestment in these homes is at an all time high. For miles in each direction, high quality residential neighborhoods surround the centralized downtown and are also served by more traditional suburban commercial development.
Frankfort is home to many businesses, ranging from the small, locally owned business through major national and international brands. Many of our businesses report outperformance of their peers, crediting the local economic marketplace.
Through careful planning and development, balanced with a free market approach, Frankfort has managed to preserve its identity while incorporating opportunities to welcome its corporate citizens. When you enter Frankfort, you know where you are.
Strategically Located, Accessible & Low Taxes
- 37 miles southwest of Chicago at US Rt. 45 & Rt. 30, just three miles south of I-80 and six miles west of I-57
- I-355 easily connects Frankfort to Chicago's west and northwest suburbs.
- I-294 easily connects Frankfort to Chicago's north and inner ring suburbs.
- I-57 offers a fast and direct route into the heart of downtown Chicago.
- Metra commuter train service is available at several nearby stations on the Rock Island and Metra Electric lines.
- O-Hare and Midway are a close commute from Frankfort.
- The proposed South Suburban Airport is just 3-miles from Frankfort's up and coming industrial parks near I-57.
- Low Will County Taxes - One of the lowest tax levies in Will County