garage sale permit information
Any person or organization desirous of holding a public auction or a personal property sale, which includes, but is not limited to, garage, basement, yard, or porch sale, for the sale or resale of used household, clothing or any other personal property items which are owned all or in part by the occupants of the premises, shall, prior to such sale, obtain a permit from the Village of Frankfort. (Ord. 1112, passed 3-19-84)
Application A village resident shall apply for the permit at the Village Administration Building during regular business hours Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 5 PM. Permits are valid for two consecutive days between the hours of 8 AM and 7 PM.
- No permits will be issued allowing sales during the Labor Day/Fall Fest weekend.
- No sale shall be conducted nor will a sale permit be issued within 90 days from the last permitted sale date on the premises.
- Upon issuance of the sale permit, the Village will furnish the applicant three garage sale signs. No other signs may be displayed within the corporate limits of the village.
- Garage sale signs shall not be displayed more than one day prior to the commencement of the sale and must be removed no later than one day following the conclusion of the permitted sale.
- One of the signs shall be displayed at the front lot line on the premises on which the sale is conducted.
- No signs shall be placed within Village right of way, nor at the intersections of U.S. Route 45 and Route 30, U.S. Route 45 and White Street, or White Street and Nebraska Street.