PARKING AND STORAGE
The Village regulates the parking of recreational and commercial vehicles, as well as how residents may park or store boats, trailers and RV’s on a property. Section 72.04 and 72.05 of our Code of Ordinances provides the full regulatory text, but a short summary is provided below:
- A commercial vehicle is any vehicle other than a regular passenger vehicle, used for commercial purposes and over 9,000 pounds.
- A commercial trailer is an unpowered vehicle, designed to be drawn by another vehicle.
- Commercial vehicles and trailers cannot park on any streets or alleys within the Village longer than one hour, between 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Recreational vehicles cannot be parked on any street, alley, parking lot or public way.
- Cannot be parked on a driveway more than 48 hours in any seven-day period.
- May be allowed to be stored on the property if on an approved paved surface, not located in any “defined” required yard, is screened from the right of way and located no less than three feet behind the front wall of the home;
- This includes every camping trailer, motor home, travel trailer, truck camper, boat/trailer, snowmobile/trailer, van camper or any other vehicle primarily used for recreational purposes.