Governor Pritzker activated the state's mitigation plan, effective Friday, October 23, due to having three consecutive days of an average test positivity rate at or above 8% in region 7, which includes Will County. The resurgence mitigations will stay in effect until the region is able to reduce its seven-day rolling average test positivity rate to or below 6.5% for three consecutive days, after which the region will return to regular Phase 4 guidelines. Below is a summary of enhanced mitigation, or you can download the Restore Illinois Resurgence Mitigations
document, published by the state.
- Bars and restaurants must be closed by 11:00 p.m. and may not reopen earlier than 6:00 a.m. the following day.
- Bars and restaurants can serve patrons at tables with outdoor seating only, all tables should be placed six feet apart. No seating of multiple parties at one table. No indoor service or seating is allowed.
- No ordering, seating or congregating at the bar is allowed and it is recommended that bar stools be removed. No indoor service or seating is allowed.
- Reservations for all groups are required.
- No standing or congregating indoors or outdoors while waiting for a table or exiting the premises.
- Meetings, social events and gatherings are limited to the lesser of 25 people or 25% of overall room capacity. (This restriction modifies the previous limitation of the lesser of 50 people or 50% of overall room capacity.)
- No party buses are allowed.
- Gaming locations and casinos must be closed by 11:00 p.m. and are limited to 25% capacity, and must follow mitigations for bars and restaurants, if applicable.