FRANKFORT, IL – Over twenty streets in the Village of Frankfort will be resurfaced this summer after the Village Board’s recent approval of a contract to P.T. Ferro Construction Co. for the 2021 Roadway Maintenance Program. The Village’s annual budget for Fiscal Year 2021/2022 includes $4,050,000 in the General Capital Development Fund for the resurfacing and maintenance of various municipal streets.
“The Village is able to fund additional public infrastructure improvement projects, such as needed street repairs, because of the 1% Non-Home Rule Sales Tax Referendum approved by the voters in 2018,” commented Mayor Keith Ogle.
Streets are evaluated and selected based on several factors to ensure continued quality throughout the community. The work may include patching, replacement of defective curbs and sidewalks, edge grinding, drainage structure adjustments, and an asphalt overlay of the entire street.
The streets scheduled to be resurfaced in 2021 are as follows:
- Pioneer Court – Pioneer Trail to North End
- Hinspeter Drive – Wolf Road to Stoll Road
- Chestnut Drive – Nebraska Street to Sauk Trail
- Pacific Street – Maple Street to East End
- Ironwood Drive – Cedar Lane to West End
- Lincoln Lane – Cedar Lane to Butternut Trail
- 78th Avenue – Route 30 to Woodvale Road
- LaPorte Meadows Drive – St. Francis Road to Wildflower Drive
- Amherst Court – Misty Falls Lane to East End
- Falls View Way – 116th Avenue to Merritton Road
- Merritton Road – Falls View Way to Stoll Road
- Misty Falls Lane – Amherst Court to Falls View Way
- Southwick Court – Southwick Drive to East End
- Southwick Drive – Laraway Road to Harlem Avenue
- Walnut Creek Drive – St. Francis Road to Huckins Drive
- Steger Road – Center to East 3800’
- 88th Avenue – Stuenkel Road to North 4000’
- Stuenkel Road – S. 88th Avenue to West 2000’
- 88th Avenue – St. Francis Road to LaPorte Road (Less 600’)
- Oakton Court – Oakton Avenue to West End
- Oakton Drive – Princeton Circle to Heritage Drive
- Home Court – Laura Lane to North End
- Laura Lane – Hinspeter Drive to Patrick Court
Work is scheduled to begin as early as mid-July. The entire project is scheduled for completion by October 15, 2021.
If you have questions regarding this project, please contact Public Works Superintendent Terry Kestel at 815-469-2177.